Solicitor 0-2 PQE
The role is to work within the Commercial and Household Recoveries team. This is predominantly a claimant based role. The successful candidate will initially commence in the Commercial & Household Recoveries team but will be expected to work in any of the teams within CSG Property.
Depending on workloads in the team the candidate will be asked to undertake:
• Pursuing subrogated recoveries for insurers on fast and multi track matters.
• Investigating liability on a variety of general recoveries claims, ranging from escapes of water, flooding, impact and fire damage etc.
• Handling their own case load, including negotiating quantum and settlement of damages with third parties
• Obtaining witness statements; contacting relevant parties to obtain salient documents; drafting letters of claim, issuing proceedings, disclosure, instructing Counsel/experts, progressing a file through to Trial. The candidate will:
• Exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft LLP protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year. • Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The candidate should:
• Have between 0 and 2 years post solicitor qualification litigation experience, a degree in Law (LLB or equivalent).
• Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of general contract and tort;
• Have experience in commercial litigation, insurance litigation would be advantageous but not essential.
• Be able to demonstrate the technical aspects of construction and property investigation as required for the role
• Be change oriented, with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Be IT literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office and previous knowledge or experience of a case management system would be an advantage but not essential.
• Willingness to follow a process driven system, working within set parameters.
• Be team orientated, with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
• Have an ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to claims settlement.
The CSG Property team provides solutions to the Insurance property recovery sectors. Our specialist property and recovery team provides expert and practical advice over a range of areas:
• Public Liability / Property Damage claims
• Property subsidence
• Property recovery
• Fraud recovery
• Motor recovery CSG Property is expanding:
• General property recoveries (fire, escape of water, impact of vehicles into property etc)
• Subsidence mitigation (involving bringing legal proceedings where necessary to mitigate damage to property caused by third party trees, failed foundations, failed underpinning, escape of water etc)
• Motor recoveries (involving recoveries against negligent third parties for causing damage to motor vehicles) and Costs involving negotiating legal costs