Head Of Finance
The Head of Finance will be a key member of the Senior Management Team responsible for the day to day accounting and financial management of the business. The Head of Finance will also be responsible for budgeting and expenditure monitoring, and reporting on the financial performance to the CEO and the Board on a monthly basis and providing relevant financial information to the senior managers and senior management meetings.
Well known organisation, a leader in it's field and a company that has grown throughout Scotland and the UK.
The provision of regular high quality financial information, effective planning and budgeting, strong financial systems and procedures, and maintenance of external relationships with banks, auditors and external accountants.
The Head of Finance will be accountable to the CEO and Board for :
- Carrying out a detailed review of the current finance function, assessing the existing controls and procedures and making recommendations about the optimum structure and resource requirements for the future.
- Implementing the approved actions and changes to the finance function over an agreed period
- Updating, developing and implementing a suite of financial policies, procedures and controls for the company, including an approved purchase control procedure
- Preparing, with the CEO and the relevant senior management staff, a draft annual budget for approval by the Board
- Prioritising a weekly meeting with the Chief Executive Officer
- Monitoring accounts, to keep informed of their financial situation and inform the directors of current trends.
- Ensuring that regular management accounts are produced and presented to senior managers, CEO, the Board within an agreed timescale
- Monitoring the banking covenants and ensuring that the terms are adhered to
- Ensuring that all statutory compliance obligations in relation to finance, audit and taxation are fully understood and met
- Supervising the day-to-day operational function of the finance department, including
- Purchasing and contracts
- Sales and credit control
- Inter-company accounts and multi-currency accounting
- Cash flow forecasting and management
- Management of all insurance policies
- Managing the Finance Team which includes an accountant and two accounting assistants
- Ensuring that staff in the department are flexible in their operating functions
- Liaise with auditors and prepare annual audit pack
- Liaise with external accountants for all company tax issues
- Liaise with external accountants regarding director's taxation
- Qualified Accountant
- Background of strong financial management at a senior or Board level
- Fully conversant with current accounting and tax regulations
- Track record of setting and working with strict budgets and analysis of variances
- Evidence of ability to work to and achieve tight deadlines
- Time-management, workload planning
- IT literate with an emphasis on financial systems, spreadsheets, SAGE and Excel
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Exemplary verbal and written communication abilities
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Competitive basic salary and package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80437266