A fully FCA regulated Foreign Exchange brokerage, based in London, with almost 15 years of industry expertise and recognised in The Sunday Times top 100 best small companies to work for list. With access to over 130 major and local market currencies and a range of products we offer both our corporate and private clients a strategic streamlined approach to international trading, treasury and risk management.
We are a company that has grown steadily to become a recognised market leader, with a reputation for looking after staff by offering a host of benefits and remuneration packages. From our monthly celebration of success to our annual skiing trip our focus is on harnessing professional talent and maintaining strong client relationships.
The main objectives of the Software Tester are finding defects which may be created during the software development process. Ensuring the end project meets the business and user requirements and gaining stakeholder/customer confidence in providing information about the level of quality in the developed project/product.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform manual testing on the business's various software solutions including web apps, desktop apps, APIs, windows services and mobile apps.
- Create and execute end-to-end test plans and cases.
- Create and execute test scripts that determine optimal application performance according to the business's requirements.
- Collaborate and work closely with the tech leads in software testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Perform database testing in MS SQL including validating stored procedures, jobs and triggers.
- Design and assist in building test automation architecture.
- Participate and provide input on go/no-go decisions for production releases.
- To assist and collaborate with the IT team in relation to system development and software evaluation
- To work effectively and report (where necessary) to the IT Director
- To act as a thought loader in the area of Software Testing
- Promptly escalate issues, which affect delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager.
- Adhere to company project standards and guidelines.
- Financial industry background
- Jira / Confluence
- Test Automation
- Black box/White box testing
- Testing in an Agile Development environment
If you are looking to join an organisation that will provide you with clearly defined objectives to ensure that you succeed, this could be the role for you. This is an opportunity to take a real step forward in your career with an organisation dedicated to its people.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80437183