IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst
My client, a leading financial services provider based in Edinburgh are actively looking for an IT security analyst to join them on an initial 6 month contract basis. This is an extremely exciting time to join the organisation as they continue to embark on a transformation phase adopting cloud technology as well as investing in a SIEM upgrade.
- Reviewing and providing input to procedures and documentation for IT Security.
- Monitoring IT Security applications and reviewing information systems for actual or potential breaches in security.
- Working with technical teams to ensure that all identified breaches are promptly and thoroughly investigated.
- Ensuring that system changes required to maintain security are implemented, raising change documentation as appropriate.
- Ensuring that security records are accurate and complete.
- Reporting on identified vulnerabilities, articulating the associated risks for a non-technical audience.
- Managing IT Security 3rd party Suppliers, ensuring they perform to the required SLAs and select appropriate suppliers to perform penetration testing of applications and infrastructure.
- Providing assurance for projects prior to implementation to ensure all security requirements, including security testing, are fully met.
- Managing and scoping penetration testing for projects and as per the annual schedule. Following up on any identified vulnerabilities with the appropriate technical teams tracking remediation.
Required skills/ experience:
- Sound knowledge of IT Security tools and processes, working towards CISSP certification.
- Working knowledge of IT Security risks and solutions.
- Working knowledge of IT Security tools such as Cyberark, Splunk, Arcsight, F5 WAFS
- Experience working with AV, penetration testing or SIEM solutions.
- Solid experience of providing effective MI and reporting IT Security issues in an understandable manner to senior management.
- Experienced leader of projects and delivering the functional activities across an IT security department.
- 3rd party engagement.
- Incident management.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960313121