Staff Accountant – Berkshire based
- Responsible for recording and validating journal entries, activity for assigned balance sheet accounts and P&L accounts, reconciling complex ledger accounts in a timely basis, and identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Ensure accuracy in calculations, financial records, general ledger reconciliation, and balance sheet variance analysis for assigned accounts, and that they are correctly reflected in the financial statements according to GAAP and IFRS.
- Performs month-end close activities and make sure that the consolidated financial statements of the company reflect the financial position of the company. This include gathering data and assists in preparation of year end audit schedules and tax schedules as assigned.
- Apply complex financial analysis techniques and prepare supporting to explain financial results and variances. As well as proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations.
- Administers capital and operating lease contracts, set up, edits and maintains system master file data as well as transactional records and schedules
- Assists with updating and developing company policies and procedures as well SOX documentation and administers approved accounting practices and provides reliable information necessary to control operations
- Solid understanding of accounting theory and reporting systems that encompass the capability to communicate technical information effectively.
- Excellent communication with various levels of management, both internal and external is essential.
- Good understanding of the telecommunications/software industry and business environment, which include the business drivers and their effect on financial results.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent time management and the ability to prioritise task as well as acute attention to detail are critical to efficiently handle and manage large volume of data.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, CIMA/ACCA preferably
- 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Multi-currencies, multi-subsidiaries and Inter-companies transactions experience are essential
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960309965