Principal Engineer - Electronics
Job Location: Derbyshire
Job Position: Principal Engineer - Electronics
Job Status: Permanent
Overview of the role:
As a result of growing demands for our award winning range of diesel engines and an increasing number of exciting engine development programs, our client is seeking a talented Electronics Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to further their career at the cutting edge of powertrain electronics and control systems.
Roles are based at their new multi-million pound engine research and development centre in Derbyshire.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Considerable experience of diesel engine and DPF / SCR controls.
- Automotive electronics hardware and software design and component manufacture.
- Proven ability to lead small technical teams to deliver new products.
- Track record in managing product life cycle through design control process.
- The ability to work simultaneously across multiple projects.
- Familiarity with automotive network protocols such as CAN, SAE J1939, UDS & LIN.
- Familiarity with DSpace HIL simulators and the Matlab/Simulink environment.
- Understanding of calibration life cycle including calibration tools, build and configuration management.
- Direct experience of PLM design systems and processes.
- Cyber security and encryption.
- Leadership of Electronics Team.
- Responsibility for ensuring that electronic control units, sensors and actuators are suitable for use on a machine.
- Working with Design Engineers to capture design requirements.
- Assisting Calibration Engineers to establish characteristics, function, performance and validation of electronic components.
- Ensuring adequate Function Safety performance of engine control systems, meeting the needs of our customers in line with ISO 13849.
- Planning test strategies and optimizing the use of our Hardware In the Loop simulation facilities to support product validation and verification.
- Providing electronics related support to our Quality Department and assisting with supplier audits.
- Review and assessment of supplier designs and providing technical support as appropriate.
- Ownership of automotive data network standards, messaging and databases.
- Application of automotive environmental and EMC standards
- Release of product in line with our client's New Product Introduction Process.
Salary: £48000 - £65000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80420185