Systems Modelling Engineer - DSP
Systems Engineer - Modelling & Simulation
This is an immediate requirement for a Simulation Engineer or Digital Signal Processing Engineer with experience of working in a digital or software modelling environment.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the Stevenage area. This Systems Modelling Engineer role will be working on the delivery of the latest generation of communication systems being developed for both the UK and international markets. Although based in Stevenage you will be involved in some very large European wide programmes.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical background and have experience of Modelling in either DSP or in another Electronics or software based background.
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Systems Engineer role
- Research and development of new digital processor products
- Be involved in all phases from early concept through to delivering hardware and providing operational support.
- Concept feasibility and generation of new ideas.
- Development of digital processor architectural design and specification, flowing down from customer requirements.
- Digital signal processing algorithm design, simulation and analysis.
- Laboratory prototyping and testing of new processor designs.
- Supporting customer reviews.
- Work closely with other teams of hardware engineers, ASIC / FPGA designers, systems engineers and test engineers
Requirements for this Systems Engineer role
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Physics, Mathematics, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related subject.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to a large, multi-disciplinary project team.
- Strong software skills, e.g. C, C++ are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing algorithm design and simulation, e.g. using MATLAB.
- An awareness of FPGA design.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960310650