Cloud Platform Engineer - Cloud, AWS, Banking, London
Our client, a fresh, exicting and growing challenger bank based in London are trying to source a permanent Cloud Platform Engineer to join their inspiring and industry changing plans.
As a challenger bank, our client offers something different. Instead of the Financial Sector being dominated by Tier One Banks in the City, our client has no high street presence, and is using the power of technology to drive banking into a new dimension. They offer the chance to make banking smarter and simple, giving people more time to enjoy life really. Over 22,000 people have signed up for early access of our client's services and they have recently purchased one of London's oldest and biggest banking establishments!
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000 + Benefits including 12% bonus, share options, healthcare and pension.
As a Cloud Platform Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for configuring, managing, and maintaining platforms and networks. The team is responsible for the production mobile application.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment driving performance and reliability from software, infrastructure and cloud environments. You will be looked upon as an advocate to fellow team members on making reliable technical decisions.
As Cloud Platform Engineer you'll have the following technical skills and knowledge:
- Good AWS/Linux experience.
- Automation - Cloud formation and or Ansible/Chef/Puppet experience to help with automating repeatable tasks.
As Cloud Platform Engineer you'll have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Deploy, configure, and maintain server estates primarily in AWS, the physical datacentre as required, and network interconnectivity between sites.
- You will be looked upon as a subject matter expert and advocate to fellow team members on making reliable
- Automate wherever possible using Infrastructure as Code, scripting and associated tooling
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Elevate and manage incidents appropriately
The Cloud Platform Engineer job is a great role and won't be around for long! So don't delay. This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial and unique financial services organisation with no need to have previous financial services experience!
If that mirrors your ambition, then please send you CV coupled with your salary expectations.
If you would like more information including a full job specification and a chat about this Cloud Platform Engineer position, please contact me, Russ Noble directly for a discreet chat.
Think IT Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this role under UK Government regulations CEAEBR 2003
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960316784