Senior Devops Engineer
Help change the health future of the world, through BioTech big data, supporting a global estate in cloud and proactively collaborating with US based teams in DB, DevOps and Engineering to ensure service continuity and security.
Your charter is to collaborate to deliver ‘hands-off’ deployments, highly available services, and comply with regional security requirements. To be successful you will be driven, adaptable, and results oriented. Ideally you will also have experience administering large scale services in AWS production infrastructure using management tools and automation based on Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
You will be part of a mission that, through genomic analysis, is enabling discovery of new therapies and helping to deliver precision healthcare tuned directly to the individual. You’ll join a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, helping change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Your new colleagues are all deeply passionate about what they do, knowing that our work has the power to improve lives.
Like you, we know the importance your role and offer you a collaborative and supportive environment in which you are actively encouraged to continually develop your own skills and knowledge, along with embracing innovation and change. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals to join us in realising this mission to improve health outcomes globally - If that inspires you, let’s talk.
- Designing and orchestrating the provisioning, installation, dynamic configuration, monitoring and maintenance of services in the cloud environment
- Automation work to eliminate the need for manual updates and direct intervention
- Work in a collaborative environment with multiple organizations across time zones
- Using monitoring systems to detect service and security issues and diagnose/fix service performance to achieve the highest levels of system availability, performance, and security
- Troubleshooting and creating tools to resolve incidents and work to ensure that service level commitments are achieved
- Enforce Intellectual property protections, defend against threats, enforce regulatory and compliance procedures, and support security audits
- Migration of legacy on-premise systems into cloud
- Embrace new ideas that produce outstanding results for our customers through collaboration
Preferred Skillset and Experience
- A rigorous approach to problem-solving
- A strong preference for collaborative teamwork
- The ability to pick up new technologies quickly and rapidly deep-dive
- Experience with production SAAS cloud hosted environments
- Experience of AWS cloud-based deployment and support
- Programming skills – scripting, Python, Java, or similar
- Ability to administrate, configure, optimise and monitor services and/or servers at scale. CentOS and Amazon Linux are our base distributions
- Use of modern container systems such as Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet
- A BSc/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Ideally you are a high performing individual looking for an organisation that will match your drive and ambition
Our Cultural Values
As we continue to thrive as a company, it is essential that we also continue to preserve our extraordinary culture to ensure that Illumina remains a great place to work. Our cultural values are defined as:
• Innovation is in our DNA
• We collaborate deeply
• We move fast and embrace change
• We are relentless in the creation of great products
• We are Open
If these values are those that match your own, and you want to join a company at the forefront of genomic analysis, helping to shape the future globally then get in touch.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80414403