• Working on casualty matters, your case load will be primarily public liability and employers liability cases
• FILEX/Solicitor with a demonstrable interest or previous experience in the practice area
• Handling a varied caseload of litigated work, covering the above types of claim, with an appropriate level of supervision
• Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
• Exercise full compliance with client's SLAs, as well as DAC Beachcroft's internal protocols
• Demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files
• Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year
• Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
• Build an awareness of the Firm's other services. Build effective internal and external networks
• Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans
• Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Solicitors Regulatory Authority CPD requirements, where necessary
• Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
• Experienced fee earner with a strong litigation background, preferably gained within a personal injury environment. Knowledge and experience within EL/PL is essential. Expertise in fraud is beneficial, but not essential, as the successful candidate will be fully trained in dealing with fraud cases
• Confident negotiator and communicator
• Excellent litigator with first class investigation / analytical skills who will also be looking to acquire regulatory experience
• Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
• Flexible with a positive attitude to change, both internally and in the context of clients' business
• An ability to adopt a commercial perspective to legal issues
• Team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particularly in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.