My client is one of the UK`s Largest Legal Aid Law Firms and they are looking for a highly organised and experienced Financial Controller.
This Firm just gone through a very exiting period of growth and due to this are keen to appoint an individual who has previous experience working within a Law Firm who is fully compliant in SRA & LAA and is looking to become a Finance Director within the first 18months of starting.
The firm is recognised as one of the UK`s fastest growing law firms with a target over the coming three years is to achieve a turnover in excess of £10m and a headcount of over 100, with plans to open a number of regional offices in the UK.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for all aspects of the finance function. Priorities will include:
- Ensuring a high level of integrity and efficiency across the finance function
- Bringing together the legacy systems arising from the merger
- Building the team and processes required to support the ambitious growth plans
- Providing commercial support to the COO and the executive team
The core responsibility will consist of:
- Maintaining the integrity of the financial data
- Building and lead a high calibre financial team
- Providing prompt, accurate and commercially relevant financial results
- Preparation of an annual budget and regular updated forecasts
- Focussing on tight cash control, including WIP and debtors
- Driving efficient client billing and cash collection, overseeing a cost team
- Delivery of ad hoc financial analysis, as required by the COO and others
- Submitting VAT and HMRC returns
- Overseeing the payroll process and P60 / P11D / PSA administration (HR Function)
- Develop working relationships with professionals within the legal field and related organisations
- Support the successful development of the company in line with its objectives
- Ensuring compliance with SRA requirements, including reporting and audits
- Preparation of statutory accounts and meeting audit requirements; liaison with auditors
- You may be required to undertake any other job deemed necessary, reasonable and appropriate
- Understand and comply with all relevant company rules, agreements, policies and procedures
- Conduct yourself, at all times, in a professional and responsible manner, promoting a good and proper image in accordance with company standard
- Promote a positive working environment and support and encourage your team and colleagues
This opportunity is a Financial Controllers dream, you will be given the freedom to run with the department, implement new processes and procedures to help grow and push the business forward- a truly self-rewarding role as you'll be able to look at your efforts put in and the results at the end.
However to be considered for this role you will need the following experience:
- You will be a qualified accountant with a successful senior track record within the finance function of a law firm- QBE are still being considered
- A thorough knowledge of SAR requirements
- Experience of implementing a new system
- Proven strong people management and leadership skills
- A tenacious challenging approach with close attention to detail
- Results focussed with strong commercial acumen
- Ability and enthusiasm to drive and manage change in a growth environment
Feel you're in need of a new challenge? Want to make a difference? Apply now and avoid all disappointment.
Please contact Lilly Tomlinson, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80406671