As one of the largest providers of affordable housing and care services in England, The Guinness Partnership is here to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. Our strategy is all about our vision for creating an amazing organisation. For the first time it defines Guinness as a customer service business with a real focus on making sure every customer has a great experience, every time they interact or transact with us.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Officer to join our gas compliance Team based at Brock Street in London on a 6 month fixed term contract. This is a full time role (35 hours per week), working 9-5 Monday to Friday. We are a dedicated team of 6 people all working hard to deliver an amazing customer focused service in a specialised area of work. Our team is responsible for Gas Safety compliance of approx. 23,000 homes across the South of the country.
As a Contract Officer, you will work effectively alongside your colleagues and be responsible for providing a friendly service to our customers, successfully delivering compliance in a defined area. You will do this by ensuring our assets comply with the relevant Health & Safety Legislation, ensuring access is available for our Contractors to meet the Gas Safety Regulations placed on us as a Landlord. Your key responsibility will be to effectively manage your contract by:
- Supporting the effective delivery of planned and preventative maintenance, responsive repairs and where applicable programmes for equipment replacement.
- Assisting Contractors, Tenants and Colleagues with queries and complaints relating to our contracts to help resolve them quickly and effectively.
- Actively monitor and challenge the service provided by Contractors and collect agreed performance information, presenting this in formats appropriate for the audience.
- Arrange and administer regular Contract Review meetings to enable Contractor performance to be reviewed. This will include financial and operational performance.
- Proactively maintain accurate records, including regular property and asset reconciliation with Contractors, to ensure compliance is met.
- Ensuring purchase/works orders are raised promptly and accurately to enable works to be carried out and budgets to be monitored.
What we’re looking for
Finding the right person to undertake this role is our top priority so we are looking for someone who is friendly and customer focused with the ability to work on their own initiative.
An experienced Contract Officer, you will have the ability to gather information, diagnose problems, draw logical conclusions and suggest practical solutions. You will have experience of building and maintaining relationships with Contractors, Tenants and colleagues across different functions. An awareness of statutory and regulatory requirements relating to asset compliance is essential. You will have exceptional attention to detail, good oral and written communications, a good knowledge of Microsoft office word and excel and the ability to pick up new IT systems. You will have a sound understanding of financial controls and experience of working towards deadlines and targets and thrive in a busy working environment.
Any previous experience working in a similar role supporting the management or delivery of asset compliance contracts, experience of analysing management information to identify improvements required or an awareness of the requirements and regulations facing Social Housing providers relating to asset compliance is desirable. Familiarity with asset management software such as Northgate or Promaster would be advantageous but is not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80438332