Front Office Quantitative Analyst
Front Office Quantitative Analyst
My client, a leading Financial Services Organization, is looking for a Quantative Analyst who will work in the front office Rates Quantitative Research team and will develop within the production in-house quant library code base in C++. The candidate will have continuous interaction with the rest of the quant team, as well as FO trading, project management and IT, and will help to take forward the development of the analytical toolkit used to compute P&L and risk, in order to upgrade it to be compliant with the EMIR bilateral margining regulations.
By working on this project, the candidate will assist in the implementation of the pricing engines for new products support as well as curve calibration and be involved in improving their efficiency, by both increasing the computational speed and decreasing the memory footprint. The ideal candidate will have strong design skills and should be able to propose simplifications to the existing code.
Experience and skills set:
* 7y+ experience working as quantitative analyst or quantitative developer in a large quant library within a major financial institution, with front office focus;
* Exceptional C++, with strong capacity of abstraction and design skills;
* Extensive experience working with an object oriented code base for the creation of market data objects, instruments and pricing engines;
* Strong analytical and numerical skills, and high level technical knowledge on implementing pricing analytics;
* Knowledge of stochastic calculus would be a plus;
* Strong product knowledge on linear and options rates products, knowledge of inflation and FX would be a plus;
* Fast learner who can quickly become autonomous and take projects forward;
* Dynamic attitude with an ability to easily switch from one project to the other as priorities might change along the way and the overall quant team works in a very collaborative way;
* Strong attention to detail as accuracy is of the essence in such a role; and
* A post-graduate education level (PhD, MSc or equivalent) on a highly quantitative subject (such as Maths / Financial Maths or Theoretical Physics) is required.
- Designs and integrates specialist solutions for multiple projects
- Initiatives, factoring in other aspects of the business solution and the effect of the specialist decisions on other parts of the organisation on each occasion
- Translates and communicates complex technical/ specialist issues/ proposals and secures stakeholder buy-in for the proposal/ solutions, and acts as an internal consultant for own area of specialisation by leveraging own knowledge across multiple projects and functions
- Conducts supplier selection, contract negotiation and selection of tools and resources to deliver a comprehensive service and/or projects
- Challenges existing approaches/ solutions to drive continuous improvement and gains management/ client commitment to change
- Responsible for planning, objective setting, and development of new procedures within area of responsibility, through interpretative judgement of Group IT policies and goals
- Accountable for performance against financial parameters, and monitors and reports on budgetary aspects within own area.
- Has significant input to budget setting/ financial proposals and reviews.
- Identifies, clarifies and assesses complex, abstractly defined business problems/ issues and provides alternative scenarios with minimal referral to line manager Initiates change, identifying and gaining approval for opportunities for improving Group IT services, managing the implementation of change or continuous improvement initiatives to agreed time/cost constraints (including careful consideration and management of cross-functional dependencies), and incorporating lessons learned into future planning activities
If you are a Quantitive Analyst looking for a new contract opportunities either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT/Financial Services opportunities please contact Rita Sousa on 01793 437 282 or email .
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80436637