Optimum Recruitment Group has been retained on an exclusive basis to recruit a Finance Director to join our rapidly growing SME client based in York.
This is a brilliant opportunity to gain experience in an owner managed SME. This role plays a key part in business planning and risk management, as well as providing advice on the financial planning of the organisation, taking finance proactively into the business, adding value to the organisations decision making process, in a very broad and varied position.
Key responsibilities for this Finance Director role:
- Work with the Senior Management Team to set financial policies in line with the direction of the business
- Provide analytical advice and guidance to develop appropriate business plans, and to support the decision-making process
- Ensure that statutory reporting requirements are met, whilst acting as the main point of contact between the business and the external auditors
- Ensuring due diligence takes place before signing any major contracts and any lease arrangements
To be successful in your application for this Finance Director role, you must be:
- A qualified accountant with proven financial management and analytical skills
- Be able to demonstrable a flexible approach to work and a comprehensive understanding of accounting practices, policies and standards
- The ideal candidate will have experience of four key financial processes of budgeting, monitoring, preparation of final accounts and business planning
- Self-motivated with good organisational skills and have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Possess a high level of professional integrity, with the requirement to represent the business at Board meetings and with key external stakeholders
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80434544