Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer - Engines
Location: South East England, UK
Our client is a leading global OEM looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support the design and development activities.
The successful applicant will have experience with the designing of products from initial conception through to manufacturing or the design of revamping/ product improvements on large complex rotating equipment, preferably engines.
Experience/ knowledge required:
- Fluent English - Essential, other languages - desirable
- Mechanical Design experience within an engineering team
- Experience with the designing of large, complex rotating equipment, preferably engines
- Proficient with Computer Aided Design (2D, 3D CAD/CAE)
- Good understanding of Manufacturing principles and processes
- Competency with mechanical design calculations.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Working within the team to design and develop electro-mechanical components and systems that meet agreed functional specifications
- Produce design specifications from either product improvement requests or new product applications
- Produce calculations and/or carry out FEA on designs prior to manufacture
- Design and specify components / products to an agreed target cost
- Creating 2D/3D designs using Autodesk Inventor
- Working conceptual designs up into manufacturing drawings and instructions
- Production of full manufacturing drawings with bill of materials, costing etc.
If you would like a new challenge within a leading reputable company then please don't hesitate to contact me on (**************** or on email
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960317425