Due to continued growth our client are looking to recruit a Buyer on a permanent basis to join their team.
Due to location transport is a must.
- Daily - assess orders that are urgent and prioritise to ensure that orders are placed in time.
- Create purchase order for suppliers from information supplied
- Allocating orders to the correct suppliers
- Check that the purchase price is correct
- Check that quantities and sizes on orders are correct
- Arrange transport when required
- Liaise with factory and suppliers
- Ensuring the products are delivered on time
- Managing stock at suppliers
- Manage purchase list of stock ordered
- Reacting to any changes in customer demand and adjust prices if required
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers
- Confirm order has been placed with person requesting the order
Experience and Skills required
- Previous Buying experience is essential, ideally in a construction type business
- Be figure orientated
- Excel skills and Microsoft office
- Ability to build strong relationships with customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with team members.
- Be career orientated and be a team player with a 'can do’ attitude
- Salary up to £21Kdependant on experience
- Hours 8.30am to 5pm - Monday to Friday
- Free parking
- 28 days Annual Leave including BH