Optimum Recruitment Group has been engaged exclusively to recruit a commercially minded Financial Controller into a newly created opportunity. Our client is a well established and reputable business in their field who are looking to appoint the Financial Controller to oversee and manage the financial activities of the company, reporting to the Finance Director.
The ideal candidate will be a natural negotiator and influencer, solution finder, a facilitator keen to develop relationships with all stakeholders and possess the ability to anticipate issues, mitigate challenges and draw up plans at strategic and tactical level. Ultimately someone who would want the FD opportunity in the future would be the ideal candidate for this role.
You must ACCA/ACA or CIMA qualified, have five years experience in industry at Finance Manager/Management Accountant level looking to progress to the next level with strong technical, accounting skills and a solid knowledge and understanding all areas of finance. Duties include:
- Production of monthly accounts with the full information pack
- Production of the monthly sales pack along with weekly flash
- Production of a quarterly 13 week cash flow forecast
- Production of the monthly WIP schedules
- Approval of credit application for new business
- Production of the annual budget for review
- Management and tracking of all overhead costs
- Managing the cash flow and approving the creditor's final payment run with the FD
- Working with the FD on cost control exercises
- Management of the administration staff in the finance and admin section.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Full understanding of sales ledger, purchase ledger, payroll and trial balance
- Have sound knowledge of accruals, prepayments and work in progress
- The ability to produce a monthly accounts and statutory pack, budget and cash flow forecasts
- To have sound knowledge of VAT, PAYE and basic knowledge of Corporation tax and finance agreements
- Experience of Sage 200 with very good knowledge of Excel to pivot tables and macros
- To be able to communicate with all levels of staff
- To have the ability to make decisions when faced with difficult situations
- To be of a positive nature with a can do attitude
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80433735