Senior Tax Manager
Senior Tax Manager - Accountancy Practice - Permanent - Bucks
This established, award winning firm of Chartered Accountants, Auditors and Tax Advisors based in Buckinghamshire, requires an experienced Senior Tax Manager. This role will lead a growing tax team in one of the UK’s leading accountancy practices, based in their High Wycombe office.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tax Manager to join at the start of a period of strong office growth.
Key Areas include:
- Real strength in the areas of Personal Tax, with demonstrable experience of providing professional advisory services to a large and diverse range of HNW individuals, landed estates and complex trusts.
- Experience in Corporate Tax would also be advantageous, but not an essential requirement.
- Manage and service clients in your own portfolio (which includes the most complex clients) and maintaining outside communications with clients and third parties
- Complete complicated client tax returns
- Responsibility for departmental initiatives and programmes whilst continuing involvement in supervision, training and development of the team
- Ensure tax department administration is kept up to date, and routine administration dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage workloads of junior members of the tax team
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, clients and partners to generate business leads
- Identify cross selling opportunities to partner through networking
- Actively support office Partners
- Responsibility for departmental initiatives and programmes
- Maintain highest level of technical competence and apply in response to clients needs
- Involvement in marketing of the tax service line by attending client functions and seminars
- Ideally you will be ATT qualified and/or CTA qualifies with substantial relevant experience in personal tax roles in practice.
- Outstanding people management skills
- Manage workload of team and provide feedback on performance
- Ensures technical knowledge is up to date and seeks expert advice when required
- Takes appropriate level of responsibility to maintain a high quality of work whilst organising and managing time efficiently and effectively
- Understands client needs and provides relevant advice
- Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice
As a training practice, the Senior Tax Manager will also:
- Be an approachable member of the tax team
- Identify training needs of the team and coach/supervise where required.
- Undertake CPD in accordance with Institute and company requirements and maintain up-to-date CPD record
- Have an overview of all tax work
You will also have excellent communication skills with a keen eye for detail and positive can-do attitude. In return, this practice offers an excellent working environment, with a dynamic and supportive partner team, where you will be challenged and developed.
Exceptional opportunity for an experienced Senior Tax Manager to join a established, progressive and ambitious accountancy and tax practice.
For more details, please respond to RD Financial Recruitment as instructed or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest.