ALN Teaching Assistant
ITN Mark Education is urgently recruiting for Specialist Support Staff to work with pupils on the Additional Learning Needs Spectrum within the Cardiff area.
These schools are SEN specific schools supporting children with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), EBD (Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties) and S & L (Speech and Language).
If you have experience supporting and working with children with these special needs then we need you to come and join us at ITN Mark Education.
Applicants will have considerable, recent experience of working with children in the primary or secondary sector with a background that has involved specifically working with children requiring behavioural and emotional support.
* Work on a one to one basis and small group basis with a child with special educational needs.
* Act in accordance with school policies, procedures and relevant legislation, particularly in relation to child protection, health and safety advice and behaviour management.
* In conjunction with the designated teacher, contribute to the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of learning programmes for individuals.
* Participate in the delivery of local and national initiatives, for example literacy and numeracy strategies etc.
* Monitor and contribute to the assessment and recording of the child's development, including keeping observational records where appropriate. Be involved in the sharing of this information.
* Contributing to the preparation and tidying of classrooms and outdoor areas, including washing paint pots / brushes, mixing paints, clearing spilt paints or liquids, assembling climbing equipment, filling and emptying water tubs, washing cookery equipment, cutting paper etc.
* Exercise supervision of children during the school day, inside and outside.
* Assist with resolving behavioural and emotional problems of children.
* Monitor and report on identified pupils in and out of the classroom.
* Promote development and learning in the areas of physical, emotional, academic and social education.
* To assist children with language development, particularly oral language and taking part in individual and group discussion with children, storytelling and reading, mime and music work under the direct supervision of the teacher.
* To develop good relationships with children, parents and other professionals.
* Help to promote children's self-esteem
* Provide appropriate experiences for individual children and groups in accordance with the school's planned curriculum policies.
Do you have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs? If yes! Call us on 02921 014 999 and speak with one of our friendly team members to discuss this post further.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80431917