Treasury Settlements Assistant
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Treasury Settlements team for someone who would like to pursue a career within Treasury, it will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to grow into an integral part of this dynamic department.
Group Treasury is one of the most fundamental areas of the Society and is involved in making important decisions that affect the Society’s profitability and viability on a daily basis.
The Treasury Settlements Assistant will work in the back office function to support the daily treasury activities to ensure all transactions are completed in line with agreed timescales.
There will be an opportunity for the successful candidate to spend time in the ‘front office’ area, to understand how the Treasury dealing side of the business works.
Following completion of a 6 month training programme, there will be a requirement to undertake basic treasury exams (fully funded by the Society) to really help drive a deeper level of understanding.
In terms of future development and successful completion of exams, good strong candidates will be considered for future ‘front office’ roles.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting will be required, to ensure external and internal regulatory commitments are achieved.
- Updating the Treasury Management System with market prices, rate and indices.
- To provide support for the Treasury and Balance Sheet Risk Management functions (e.g. start of day balances)
As this is an entry level role, prior experience in a similar role is not essential. The most important thing is that you have a vested interest in pursuing a career in Treasury.
You will have a keen eye for detail, be comfortable working with large numbers and have good time management skills. As the role requires collaboration with other colleagues and external bodies, it is key that you have effective communication skills.About the company
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80441356