Access Systems Field Technician
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of personnel identification authentication systems using smart card and biometric technologies incorporated in security access control applications.
They are currently seeking to engage a further Field Technician to join their Reading based team, the role will encompass both the electrical and mechanical aspects of installation and maintenance along with some software applications.
Product specifics will be trained by the company although previous knowledge of up to date biometric access systems would be an advantage. The position also requires the incumbent to travel throughout the UK to clients sites approximately 50% of the time.
The candidate ideally will have a technical qualification, some hardware experience, and have a background working knowledge of electronic systems and a basic knowledge of networking and software. The client in turn will give them the opportunity to develop new skills in cutting edge technology.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Travel throughout the UK
- Working with customers, integrators and installers, building relationships, pre, during and post installation.
- Supporting our customers via telephone, remotely online, and also at customers premises.
- Problem solving for customers and seeing it through to resolution.
- Maintenance of Hardware equipment and, project and product related documentation, including test sheets and lifetime records
- Knowledge of network based and control systems.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Awareness of Health and Safety procedures and the ability to follow instruction.
- Some hardware experience essential
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Prepared to take responsibility
- Desire to develop both knowledge and skills
- A relationship builder with customers
- Relative Electro Mechanical Qualification.
- Fluent English
This role would ideally suit candidates either with a previous Military grounding in technology related positions or with strong post service training and experience in the Access Control industries.
For more information please click APPLY