- Full Time
Position: Management Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager - Monmouth
Direct Reports: Accounts Assistant x2
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Training & Development, Employee Advantage Scheme, Free Parking
Location: Swansea with occasional travel to Monmouth (Head Office)
Main Purpose of JobControl of the day to day operation of the Accounts function within Tri-Wall Swansea; ensuring the accurate and timely production of monthly management accounts and financial accounts.Qualifications/Skills/Experience
- Part/newly qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum of two years’ experience in similar role.
- Knowledge of Accounting Systems
- Supervisory experience with both part-qualified and clerical staff.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages eg Excel
- Willing to continue education to achieve professional qualification.
- Ability to work under pressure; think clearly and act decisively.
- Excellent organisation skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Manage the daily operation and supervision of the Finance department.
- Regulate and monitor the allocation of work within department.
- Set team and individual targets.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts ensuring all appropriate deadlines are adhered to.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Control of preparation and submission of external returns e.g. VAT.
- Control of nominal ledger and reconciliation of all control accounts.
- Ad hoc preparation and analysis of management reports.
- Fully embrace the ethos of continuous improvement within the reporting structure.
- Apply the same concepts and culture of continuous improvement in developing system of internal control.
- Any other task that might reasonably be requested of a middle management employee.
- Liaise with external auditors to facilitate timely and effective year-end audit process
*This Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees will be required to perform other duties to support the needs of the business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80413404