MS Access / Excel / VBA Developer
- Full Time
Job Role: MS Access / Excel / VBA Developer
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
MS Access / Excel / VBA Developer - Permanent - Lancashire - £35,000
Would you like to get a sense of satisfaction and reward? We currently have a vacancy for a MS Access / Excel / VBA Developer at our site in Preston.
As a MS Access / Excel / VBA Developer, you will be involved in supporting users, defining new features and functionality and implementing change under the guidance and servant leadership of the Product Owner, Product Architect and the Product Delivery Lead. You will work in a highly collaborative, visible and measured environment and will stimulate experimentation, innovation and continuous improvement.
This role will allow the right candidate to gain further responsibilities, within the ever growing HR data warehouse - gaining exposure to the development into databases and Success Factors.
- Being 1st line for bespoke MS Office application support
- Full development lifecycle for changes to these applications (including guidance on application design and requirements gathering prior to development and documentation throughout)
- Managing workloads through online Kanban/Scrum (Agile)
- Providing user support to help guide, inform and train users when they experience queries and perceived issues
- Proactively look to improve internal processes within the HR Services teams that use MS Office applications
- Looking ahead at further development opportunities (in line with Company strategy/product offerings)
- Taking ownership to analyse and resolve issues and outages of applications in the 1st and 2nd line support role
- Using technical skills and knowledge to make system and configuration changes
- Working collaboratively on wider change projects to help inform and advise on the running of various applications
- Working collaboratively with suppliers (e.g. Internal IT Departments and external providers) in support of Technology Service Delivery
- Effectively setting and managing client expectations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of MS Access and Excel development/support (incl. VBA and SQL)
- Understanding of full software development lifecycle
- Competent user of other MS applications (Word, Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Experience of ETL processes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience of SQL Server and .NET desirable
- You will be a confident, yet humble individual, with the ability to cope well under pressure
- You will be enthusiastic and be able to build and maintain strong client and supplier relationships
- You will be proactive and a fast learner, whilst working remotely and communicating, using all available technologies
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960316742