Software Engineer - DV Clearance
Job Role: Software Engineer
Salary/Rate: £30,000 - £37,000 DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Software Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £30,000 - £37,000 DOE - DV Clearance
A fantastic opportunity to join my clients team in their brand new Cyber Centre based in Greater Manchester. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for the team you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. You will be supported on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code technologies.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- Experience working with containerisation.
- Experience working on military or government projects.
- Experience working with secure development techniques.
- Knowledge of information security best practice.
- Play a significant role in an Agile Software Delivery Team from both a technical and behavioural perspective.
- Contribute to the development of a high performing team with a focus on software excellence
- Hold accountability for the software you produce.
- Contribute to the development of the teams standards of software engineering practice applied in your team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practice and code within your team.
- Design and develop new product functionality within the context of an Agile software delivery team.
- Apply hands on best practice to your team's code.
- Collaborate with your peers on Technical direction within your team.
Skills / Experience:
- Experience of applying Design Patterns to complex problems.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery team.
- Experience using Continuous Integration.
- Experience using TDD.
- Experience using BDD.
- Working understanding of SOLID.
- Experience building enterprise level web applications, services or embedded software.
- Good working knowledge of at least 1 compiled language.
- Good working knowledge of at least 1 scripting or interpreted language.
- Familiarity with Data gathering, visualisation techniques and tools.
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of Data.
- Understanding of virtualisation.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960315003