Dynamic PMO Analyst - High Technology FTSE 250 - Great Opportunity
This is a stand-out opportunity for a dynamic PMO analyst to support the planning and delivery of a portfolio of projects in a relatively greenfield environment, maintaining a specific focus on governance and assurance issues, both from a documentation and capability development perspective.
The PMO has been implemented by a highly-experienced Head of Portfolio Office for an 800-strong COO in a progressive company at the forefront of maritime, aviation, government and enterprise communications operating in over 80 countries with more than 40 offices worldwide, thus an aptitude for high technology would help.
Largely working with senior business managers and their delivery leads heading up 8 to 12 "blue chip" projects, one of which is worth at least £50 million, you will be tasked to produce monthly dashboard reports for senior leaders and ensure the smooth running of governance arrangements/meetings underpinning the review of project reports and progress.
Whilst rigour to provide high-quality reports, action logs, timetabling and governance meeting minutes is required, you’ll also need exceptional coaching and relationship-building skills as you provide proactive support to project managers to help them adopt the project delivery framework and associated "best-practice" behaviours.
Thus, character is all. We need a detail-oriented, energetic, structured individual, who isn’t desk-bound, with a will to act. Your strong working knowledge of PMO methodologies and natural leaning to coach others will serve you well as you navigate a fluid, largely immature PPM environment.
- Project management methodology qualification: specifically, PRINCE2, experience of working in an Agile environment
- Advanced user of Excel, familiarity with SharePoint
- Proven track record of working in a PMO environment (ideally, a relatively immature one)
- Experience of RAID management and developing PPM capability in others
- Ability to work under pressure, successfully manage a heavy work load and display sound judgement
- Upbeat, good sense of humour, desire to build relationships