Senior PHP Developer
Powwow are recruiting for a Senior PHP Developer for our industry leading client based in Barton-Upon-Humber. Our client has consistently and actively invested into their IT department, working towards and developing new and never-before-seen technology within the market. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to join an establishment who not only actively invests in the future of technology, but continuously supports their staff.
Your responsibilities as a Senior PHP Developer include:
- Ensuring the applications stability and performance through multiple maintenance checks and reviewing the current code.
- Contributing towards the improvements, new features and maintenance of the Symfony 2/3 web-based applications.
- Mentor, support and develop junior members of the team
- Development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, ensuring a high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end users.
- The integration of elements built by your team run smooth and effectively throughout the application.
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules
- Be able to solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Creating and maintaining object orientated PHP5/7 based systems
- Work with and alongside business stakeholders and the development team to understand the initial scope for all new and current projects
- Effectively manage and report any service system errors to the relevant development team
Experience and Skills required:
- At least 4 years’ experience in creating and maintaining object oriented PHP5/7 based systems
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Experience using Symfony 2/3 or equivalent framework
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL 5+
- Experience using GIT or similar Version Control Systems
- Knowledge of Doctrine 2 ORM
- Experience of Agile methodologies and the impact of it on iterative design
- Experience in creating, launching and maintaining RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience using PHPUnit and Behat/Selenium, or other similar automated testing programmes
- Familiarity with Linux or Mac OS
Desirable experience and skills:
- Excellent communication skills due to the need to be able to describe technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability to mentor and support junior team members covering both technical and non-technical roles
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Strong knowledge of PHP and web server exploits and how to resolve them
- Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Degree level education in computer science or equivalent/relevant degree
In return my client is offering:
- Highly competitive salary
- On-site benefits
- Company investments into employee satisfaction
- 25 days holiday + stats
- Pension scheme, childcare vouchers & Perkbox subscription
- After 3 months satisfactory work you will receive a Macbook Pro
- Opportunities to progress throughout the company to senior positions
- The opportunity to work on new and cutting-edge projects
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80402404