Junior Software Engineer - DV Clearance
Job Role: Junior Software Engineer
Salary/Rate: Up to £30,000 DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Junior Software Engineer - Permanent - Manchester - Up to £30,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity to our client in their brand new Cyber Centre. Our client develops software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for our client you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Our client supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
- To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile team.
- Play a significant role in an Agile Software Delivery Team from both a technical and behavioural perspective.
- Contribute to the development of a high performing team with a focus on software excellence
- Hold accountability for the software you produce.
- Contribute to the development of the teams standards of software engineering practice applied in your team.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practice and code within your team.
- Design and develop new product functionality within the context of an Agile software delivery team.
- Apply hands on best practice to your team's code.
- Collaborate with your peers on Technical direction within your team.
- Experience of applying Design Patterns to complex problems.
- Awareness of Agile delivery team practices.
- Experience using Continuous Integration.
- Awareness of TDD.
- Awareness of BDD.
- Understanding of SOLID.
- Experience building web applications, services or embedded software.
- Working knowledge of at least 1 compiled language.
- Working knowledge of at least 1 scripting or interpreted language.
- Awareness of Data gathering, visualisation techniques and tools.
- Awareness of structured and unstructured storage of Data.
- Understanding of virtualisation.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code technologies.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- Experience working with containerisation.
- Experience working on military or government projects.
- Experience working with secure development techniques.
- Knowledge of information security best practice.
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Degree in Numerate Subject or equivalent industry experience essential.
- We are looking for software engineers, with professional experience. Hands on experience in an Agile delivery team using industry best of breed technology and techniques within a digital focused organisation.
- We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success.
- We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960316744