IPS Sales Intern
JOB TITLE: International Programme Sales Intern
Do you love television? Do you love Viacom shows? Ever wondered how we can watch so much exciting content from the US in the UK and across Europe? Then this could be the role for you!
The International Programme Sales team is looking for a passionate and organised individual who can keep up with the fast paced world of television programme sales to join our team in 2018.
The International Programme Sales team sells the very best of Viacom shows, including Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central and Channel 5, and gets them on air with major broadcasters all over the world, contributing to the global success of the Viacom brand.
The International Programme Sales Intern’s role is to provide all round professional administration support to the International Programme Sales function, providing an opportunity to experience working within a dynamic global sales environment.
This Intern will gain knowledge and insight of a global company and all Viacom brands and International offices; as well as industry experience of a fast moving & challenging environment. This role is the ideal entry level position leading to an exciting career in Programme sales, which involves being fully embedded in the world of television; developing strong relationships with clients; and opportunities travel all over the world.
- Working with and supporting London Sales teams, in close communication with Sales Coordinator(s), Marketing Executive and Executive Assistant
- Supporting the Format Sales Manager with diary management, expenses and travel booking; and adhoc sales support such as research and preparing pitching materials
- Interact with internal Marketing, Consumer Products and brand teams in conjunction with Sales Coordinators and Marketing Executive.
- Ownership and project management of various sales related presentations and projects.
- Screen and keep across all new shows represented by the Sales team.
- Maintain New Programmes Tracking Sheet.
- Work with Sales Coordinator(s) and Executive Assistant on various projects as requested (PowerPoint presentations, spread sheets, event co-ordination, hosting of team meetings, screening sessions etc.)
Marketing and press responsibilities
- Coordination of a weekly media news bulletin to be sent out to the wider team in London, Paris, Miami, New York and Singapore.
- Liaise with international team gather information for internal monthly press bulletins
- Research and collation of information on distribution rights, TV industries, new business opportunities in specific markets.
- Adhoc support of Marketing Executive in regard to press and marketing tasks, such as attending press meetings, creating presentations, sales decks, and researching press opportunities.
- Responsibility of obtaining key broadcast information of properties sold in EMEA territories, to be reported to international Consumer Products teams.
- Tracking of sales team status’ of key properties across all brands and franchises as requested by senior brand management teams.
- Assistance in collating strategic brand reports for review by senior managers based in New York
General administrative responsibilities
- Field all calls, post (including FedEx) and communication for the sales team with Sales Assistant.
- Ad hoc diary management for sales team including organisation of trips and TV markets - booking meetings, hotels, travel and taxis, sales material, program listings etc.
- Assistance in arranging meetings, both internal and external for sales teams. Book video-conferences, telephone-conferences, meeting rooms, travel and hotel where required.
- Maintain client database and Outlook contacts for sales and marketing purposes.
- Biyearly update of General Client List
- Ad hoc sales support (screener ordering/processing, sales and availability reports collation, restaurant bookings, and all other ad hoc requests including but not limited to those stated).
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Diary management experience desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of second European language an advantage; but not essential
- Is direct and honest in dealing with others
- Treats all people with respect and fairness
- Acts consistently with their words
- Follows ethical business practices
- Works effectively through job and organisation changes
- Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. For this reason, we are not filtering candidates via a CV this year, so please do not upload one with your application. Instead, we require you to complete a task relevant to the role so that we can assess you by your talent, creativity and passion.
This advert has been extended and will now close at midnight on Sunday 11th March. Please note that we may close adverts early due to high demand. You will find out whether you have been successful by Friday 30th March.