Indirect Buyer - Stevenage - 6 month Contract - Competitive hourly rate
We are currently recruiting for an indirect Buyer to work for a major defence contractor based in Stevenage on a 6 month contract. Candidates with indirect buying experience within the defence sector will have a distinct advantage.
- You will be supporting indirect procurement activities for various commodities for the UK such as facilities related procurement and offload suppliers.
- Supporting the procurement, sourcing and contracting process on behalf of the organisation, alongside the appropriate Category Manager.
- Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract SLAs, encouraging innovative and collaborative working practices
- Ensuring purchase orders are processed promptly and accurately
- Build strong relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Identify and secure savings opportunities
- Preparation of reports and presentations for Senior Management review
- Travel within the UK maybe required, to work closely with our stakeholders and suppliers
Skills and experience:
- Awareness of the basics of drafting contract agreements and exposure to negotiating commercial terms and conditions
- Experience of delivering service enhancements through best practice
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with a diverse and demanding workload
- A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in working with multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales
Please apply without delay as there is a deadline with this role. Ref: 812168
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlisted
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.