VP Software Engineering
VP Software Engineering
Company Background & History
Our client is a multi award winning and high-growth FinTech, currently employing 70 staff across two sites in Central London and Haywards Heath, Sussex.
In 2017 they were named in Times Tech Track 100 ‘ones to watch’. In 2018 and beyond they will continue to develop their API and launch a suite of Web, Mobile, SaaS and Micro Service products.
VP Software Engineering - Role Overview
The successful candidate will:
- Expand the current tech team of during 2018 and line manage the team.
- Industrialise software development practices and running the tech team on a day to day basis.
- Work closely with the CTO, Head of Software Architecture, Product Manager and Programme Manager to define, prioritise, plan and deliver all software.
- Be the face of the tech team to the wider business, keeping them informed and engaged in development process and progress.
- Day to day Software Development Management of company products:
- o Company web site including online distribution and management of the company’s own insurance products via the site.
- o Company policy administration system used by our customer service agents.
- o Company Insurance API: building it into a fully-fledged multi-tenet global SaaS capability.
- Expansion of the development team, increasing productivity and providing growth opportunities for individuals in the team.
- Provide the wider business with confidence in and predictability of software delivery.
VP Software Engineering - Skills & Experience Requirements
- A strong software development background with an interesting in keeping up to date.
- Extensive development management and line management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of software development methodologies and tools.
- Extensive experience of ecommerce site development.
- Extensive experience of back-end and API development
- Experience of significant AWS deployments, preferably serverless.
- Experience of insurance, financial services or regulated industries a big plus but not essential.
VP Software Engineering - Personal Qualities
- Completer Finisher. You want to give users the best possible experience but also recognise that perfect is good finished.
- Detail Oriented. You want to dig into every task and issue to understand what is or might go wrong and mitigate.
- Organised. You want to have a process in place and understand where all projects are within that process and have all figures at your fingertips.
- Improver: You are constantly monitoring progress and working on ways to improve velocity and quality.
- People person. You are energised by a high amount of contact with a wide range of people. You value diversity and are sensitive to different environments & cultures.
- Team ethic. You make change happen by working with & through others.
Salary and Benefits
Excellent Salary, Stock Options & Benefits Package
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960316092