Events Operations Manager, Mathematics Mastery
Reports to: Head of Operations
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Start date: April/May 2018
Contract: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Borough, London
Mathematics Mastery is a non-profit organisation, dedicated to transforming mathematics education in the UK. Based on international evidence and practice, our school improvement programme aims to enhance pupils’ understanding, enjoyment, resilience and attainment in mathematics.
Mathematics Mastery was originally established as an Ark UK Programme in 2011 and has grown steadily over the last six years. We now work with over 4,500 teachers from 475 schools, and nearly 140,000 pupils are taught maths lessons designed and developed by us.
The Events Operations Manager will play a crucial role in providing high quality management of our training programme, working as part of a small team. Responsibilities will include the project management of the Mathematics Mastery training programme, as well as delivery through the effective management of venues, delegates and online booking system. You will also be responsible for the co-ordination of resources, materials and reporting.
This role will suit someone with strong attention to detail who thrives off being highly organised, and has the ability to manage complex scheduling and competing priorities. The role holder will take professional pride in providing the highest quality service and be willing to take personal accountability for the delivery of goals.
The ideal candidate for this role will come from a logistics training/events background and have the ability to plan and deliver a training programme across a wide geographical area.
A personal interest in maths isn’t essential but an understanding and appreciation of its educational importance is. You will be passionate about driving change, supporting teachers and improving the life chances of young people.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter referencing ‘Events Operations Manager’, by 12.00pm on 16 March 2018. Successful applicants will be invited to interview the week commencing 19 March 2018. Please tell us in your application if you foresee any problems with the interview date.
Scope of job
We deliver a programme of high quality training events for teachers and leaders of our partner schools to drive long term change. Our training portfolio consists of approximately 75 events a year, for 2,500 delegates in London and numerous regional locations.
The role involves effective project management of our training as well as the management of venues, delegates, resources/materials and the online booking system. You will identify and drive through improvements to training processes and systems in order to enhance organisational performance and the training experience.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the operational aspects of all our events are successful, cost effective and delivered to a high standard.
The Events Operations Manager will be a key member of the Operations Team and will also work closely with members of the Education team who play a critical role in the content development of our training programme.
- Implement a training plan which aligns with recruitment plans and geographic distribution of schools.
- Create comprehensive event project timelines that can be shared with the wider team to ensure that relevant parties are informed of key deadlines.
- Support the forecasting of the annual training programme by working closely with key stakeholders to understand training needs, capacity and budgetary factors.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies in the delivery of our training programme.
- Create a relevant reporting model and conduct ongoing reporting.
- Source and contract venues across the UK that are suitable and within budget.
- Manage venues including site visits, communicating expected numbers, room set up, catering and AV requirements.
- Record and track venue costs against budget.
- Co-ordinate all delegate communication about training, including joining instructions, relevant reminders and post-event communication.
- Monitor bookings to ensure schools are booked onto the correct events.
- Track and report on registrations and attendance at each session
- Oversee the feedback collation process including producing feedback reports.
- Act as the main point of contact internally and externally for training queries.
- Ensure the booking system is updated with the details of all training events.
- Work with the Product Analyst on booking system requirements and driving improvements to ensure a smooth booking process.
- Offer support to schools and teachers using the system.
- Work with the Education team to ensure materials and resources are fit for purpose and ready by deadlines.
- Oversee the production of training materials and collation of delegate packs and handouts.
- Co-ordinate the couriering of training materials to venues.
- Source and purchase Mathematics Mastery branded materials.
- Identify and carry out any other duties which fall within the scope, spirit and purpose of the post as requested.
- Enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence and professionalism.
- Positive and can-do attitude, with a desire to improve the status quo.
- Demonstrates resilience when working under pressure.
- Thrives in problem-solving, spotting challenges before they arise and proactively finding solutions.
- Ability to probe, challenge and question appropriately and strive for continual improvement.
- A self-starter with the ability to take ownership and personal accountability for the delivery of work.
- Collaborative working style and strong team player.
- Personal values are aligned with those of Mathematics Mastery.
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Experience of managing the operations and logistics of training events.
- Experience of creating project timelines and managing delivery.
- Experience of venue management and contracting.
- Experience of managing and coordinating delegates.
- Experience of building good relationships with customers, contacts, suppliers and or across teams.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Evidence of strong reasoning skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise effectively and manage competing priorities.
- Strong IT skills, with specific skill in using Microsoft office applications, particularly Excel.
- Right to work in the UK.