At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
What you'll do:
We are expanding our in-house engineering capability in the Trading Models squad, and we are looking to hire a top quality, enthusiastic engineer.
Join one of the most exciting tech teams in Leeds as a Senior Software Engineer working with the latest technologies on the Skybet.com sports trading platform.
No previous experience in sports betting? No problem - we have many experts to learn from, and the technical excellence you'll bring is what we value. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our tech teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for all engineers
As a senior, you will be keen to share your skills and experience with other members of the squad to help them in their development
You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute to design at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you. We believe we have a strong culture and we want you to be a part of it
Read about our product:
How you'll do it:
Reporting to the Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Turn concepts and requirements into highly available web applications and systems using technologies such as React, Node.JS, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Java / Kotlin and Terraform.
- Actively participate in application design, data-flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- We release early and often to iteratively realise value.
- Share your expertise with other squad members and be eager to learn from them as well.
- Actively support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes in line with SB&G delivery/release evolution plans.
How we work:
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a good level of interpersonal skill is important to us.
- We are not building monolithic enterprise apps - think cloud hosted micro-services and a lean approach with automated testing and deployments. This should be something you're passionate about too.
- We expect candidates to be comfortable working in a Mac / Linux environment.
- We work with the Service Desk to support our own products in and out of office hours.
- TDD is our preferred way of working.
- Friday afternoons are your personal learning and development sessions in our time!
Bet Trading tribe:
A thoroughbred Tribe with speed, agility, and chess-like strategy at our core, we design, develop, test and maintain the data which powers the sportsbook.
Pushing new tech to its limits, we deliver resilient, scalable, high performing systems. And own the development process from automated build and release pipelines to monitoring performance metrics in real-time.
Join our Tribe in Leeds and you'll work with the best people. You'll create innovative products and applications. And you'll develop systems and software that can handle the biggest of challenges - like managing the odds of hundreds of concurrent football matches.
We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work a