1st Line/Helpdesk with Backup experience - Cloud IT Services-London
We are looking for a committed and passionate junior engineer with a great service ethic and a strong desire to better your IT skills and progress within the company by working closely with experienced mentors and other team members. You will be working within the Data Protection team which is one of the fastest growing areas of IT now and into the future so a great career will be in store for you.
This is an exciting role to deliver highly-engaged proactive support to our Backup-as-a-Service customers. The role also includes a rotating duty to cover the first line to handle incoming calls and enquiries from customers and route them to the right technical specialists.
You will be responsible for monitoring and assisting our customers with their online backup services, providing on-going pro-active and re-active support to customers.
- Help customers troubleshoot issues with their backup jobs; advise on backup best practices
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and advise customers on the resolution of issues preventing their backups from working effectively, this could include the customer’s OSs, software applications, transport and network issues
- Work across a range of customers of all industries and sizes providing first-class support to all
- Manage multiple customer cases concurrently and provide regular progress updates to customers
- Ensure that all customer-related information including case history, contact information, and installed software are kept accurate and contribute to the ongoing upkeep and expansion of our technical knowledgebase
- Provide first line call answering and routing on a rotating duty with other technicians
- As a Data Protection Specialist you’ll be the voice of the company, providing a consistently excellent customer experience by promptly resolving customer and partner technical issues on a range of products and environments.You are not expected to be an expert in all of the following but you will be experienced in and considered a specialist in at least one of the following: TCP/IP Networking, Windows Server 2012 including Active Directory, SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint. Your experience in this product will include a solid understanding of the architecture, best practice implementation, common issues and how to troubleshoot them. We will offer you the opportunity to become a data protection hero, working on a wide range of versions of major operating systems, across a variety of end customer environments of varying size and complexity, alongside approximately 25 other technology professionals from whom you can learn and likewise share your experience and knowledge.
- You are someone who thrives in an environment where time is of the essence, teamwork is key, multitasking is a way of life, and customer satisfaction is the ultimate reward.
- You will have at least 1-2 years of hands on technical experience including business/customer facing work on a daily basis. End users recognise you as someone who is dedicated, responsive, and always able to explain technical concepts and issues at a level that matches their understanding.
- Full training in the Asigra software and our proprietary tools will be provided.
- It would be an advantage if you have worked in an ITIL managed environment, may have ITIL Foundation certificate
Great culture and technical environment second to none where everybody enjoys sharing information and helping each other.
Interviewing this week so please drop me a line for an informal chat if you would like to know more about this role and the company.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960317178