An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, qualified and highly motivated teacher to join our specialist provision for children with moderate and complex learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will have vision and enthusiasm and will be fully committed to inclusion together with a commitment to offering our pupils a learning journey structured with opportunities designed to enhance life skills and life chances.
Harris Primary Academy Orpington is a two-form entry school which opened in September 2016 in Bromley. We believe that every child is different and that everyone deserves the opportunity to be happy, secure and successful. The academy is surrounded by a large grounds which enables us to take our learning outside, including through Forest School.
We are looking for an individual who:
- holds QTS (or equivalent)
- is an inspirational and creative teacher
- has a range of qualifications and experience in SEN work
- demonstrates the ability to drive forward a culture of participation, enthusiasm and achievement
- is self-motivated and can prioritise action plans and manage time effectively
- is successful in raising standards of learning and teaching across the agreed integrated curriculum area, giving feedback, supporting and directing colleagues
- Can demonstrate that you are an effective people manager and can you make a positive impact to the life chances of our most vulnerable pupils
- a child-centred approach to learning and teaching, where every child has a voice
- the opportunity to work in a successful and supportive environment with a skilled, experienced and supportive team
- commitment to continuous professional development for all staff keeping up with developments with autism and special needs.
- Support through a comprehensive induction programme both within and across Harris Federation schools
- A generous Harris reward and benefits package.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Orpington?
Harris Primary Academy Orpington is an ambitious two-form entry school, serving an amazing community of children in Orpington. The school has intelligent, witty and well-behaved children; an exciting curriculum; and a fantastic site including an extra large field and sports pitch. Our Special Opportunities Unit has been completely refurbished, along with the majority of classrooms and shared spaces.
We are located just ten minutes from Orpington Train Station on public transport, or alternatively you can use our car park. We became part of the Harris Federation in September 2016 and we are now looking for teachers to join us on the next steps in our academy transformation.
School visits are strongly encouraged and welcomed. To book a tour or arrange a confidential discussion, please contact Vikki Melhuish (PA to the Executive Principal) in the academy office on 01689 830383 or email .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.