- Full Time
- Assist the development and implementation of robust supply chain solutions to support the business needs and effect short and long-term business goals. Deliver savings target.
- Support Commodity Manager (CM) in development and execute long term commodity strategies
- Participate in multi-functional teams to delivery strategy objectives
- Support the effective management of business relationships with assigned suppliers
- Under guidance from the CM support and develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives
- Provide input into supplier selection, development, and overall supplier management in accordance with the business strategy and end customer requirements
- Follow GE policies on selection of Suppliers and Contract negotiations, including Military/USG pricing.
- Proactively support supplier performance management, plan and work with the suppliers to manage any required recovery plans / actions
- Own Supplier quality issues ensuring appropriate focus and corrective/preventative actions are closed out in the shortest possible timeframe
- Provide support to achieve the value creation / savings targets for assigned commodity and take ownership of specific projects as assigned.
- Develop technical and market expertise in commodity area
- Provide analysis and reports for sourcing team and wider business including KPI's, deflation, cycle reduction, LCC Sourcing development and cash flow improvement
- Interface with the other site teams as directed by the CM to address any project requirements, fulfilment planning or issues that arise.
- Provide input to site make vs buy process as requested
- Under guidance of the CM Identify and qualify new suppliers
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability
- Implement sourcing standards including process & execution, synergies for cost out.
- Degree qualification or equivalent with extensive experience in a Sourcing role.
- Verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Time management, scheduling and prioritisation skills
- Experience with utilising and creating effective MS Excel spreadsheets; working capability with MSWord, Outlook & PowerPoint
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Strong problem solving skills.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960315607