Senior Communications Officer
The aim of the Communications Office is to increase understanding of the role and work of the House of Lords and support the work of the House and the Administration through effective staff and member communications. The Office is led by the Director of Communications.
The Communications Office:
- promotes the work of the House to the press and media
- operates an enquiry service for the public
- produces publications on the role and work of the House
- develops the content for the House of Lords on the Parliament website, including content on the Lord Speaker
- develops and delivers the outreach programme of the House of Lords and the Lord Speaker.
The Communications Office also has oversight of the work of three public information services shared with the House of Commons.
The main objective of this role is to support the Lord Speaker's communications objectives, working with the Communications team, and acting as his communications adviser and spokesperson, including providing an out of hours media service.