VP - FP&A Business Partner
My client is an acclaimed Investment Bank that have a exciting opportunity in their FP&A division for an experienced Commercial Finance professional.
This is a role within a small team. A collaborative approach is imperative. The role will require high degrees of flexibility and an understanding that the specific requirements will necessarily be flexible and potentially change at short notice – however, the high level R&Rs will include:
- Support meeting communication of themes for the session, design of templates and coordination and distribution of MBR materials, and management of schedule
- Support to manage the overall process. Coordinate of the Region and Segment report collection, review and distribute effectively and timely all meeting materials
- Data extraction/governance and quality analytics to deliver insightful Group MBR
- Support managing and agreeing action points to address in future MBR sessions
- Leverage FP&A support resource in Chennai to deliver meaningful data Analytics
Planning and Budgeting:
- Support delivery of the overall Corporate Plan and Budget story line with analytical support as appropriate
- Engage and work with Plan and Analytical resource in Chennai to ensure timely and accurate delivery of data analytics, to support the Planning processes
- Ad hoc analysis for Planning requirements including from Planning team, Strategy, CFO requirements
- Work with the Performance Review Snr Mgr to support development of analytics presentation including presenting the data into a suitable format to support MT, MBR and Board level presentation
- Support the FP&A change agenda across a number of initiatives, driving towards a more nimble and insight driven strategic planning capability.
- Develop and Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the Group including Businesses, Regions, Treasury and GBS support resource.
Analytical Support for External Reporting:
- Development and management of data and models to support the Analysis Pack and associated deliveries
- Leverage FP&A support resource in Chennai to help deliver meaningful data Analytics
- Support the Senior Manager (Analytics Performance Review) to provide Analytical insight where required across the main Analysis deck and any ad hoc questions from either IR or Group CFO as they arise.
- Manage relationship with input providers beyond team (including Management Reporting, other FP&A functions, Treasury and Risk) and our support colleagues in GBS
- The ideal candidate would have relevant experience – potentially including planning, performance analysis & corporate strategy within the banking sector
- Prior Group, product or client segment experience in banking business finance roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; a strong self-starter with natural intellectual curiosity; an ability to think both strategically and analytically and apply these skills to interpret financial information from our businesses.
- High standard of numeracy and accuracy, including key performance metrics and KPIs; an eye for detail essential
- Ideally written English, with the ability to review, summarise and communicate material accurately and succinctly.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines while delivering quality output
- Qualified Accountant / CFA / ACA
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960316212