NCS Assistant Account Manager
NCS Assistant Account Manager
Start date: ASAP
The Challenge’s vision is a more integrated society where there is understanding and appreciation of each other’s differences. We design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We believe everyone benefits when people from all walks of life come together to better know, understand and trust each other. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and local communities across the country. For more information about what The Challenge does and what its values are, please visit our website.
About the role
NCS is a government backed programme that helps young people (aged 15-17) build skills for work, life and transition into adulthood. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of an innovative role within the organisation, and take responsibility for shaping strategies used on a local and national level.
Working within the Sales department, managed by the Account Manager or Regional Account Manager, the Assistant Account Manager will be responsible for establishing, strengthening and maintaining high quality, long lasting relationships with stakeholders, in particular at schools and colleges. You will work with key school contacts to deploy recruitment and events strategies geared to find NCS participation growth in each of their schools, this year and into the future. You will book in recruitment events for those in the Field Sales Team to engage and convert Young People and their Parent/ Guardians, in order to fill thousands of NCS places in the area.
- Directly reach out to target schools to engage them in NCS
- Support school engagement for year round NCS programmes through calls and meetings
- Meet local targets for the number of schools engaged and events booked
- Attend meetings in schools to build relationships and book events
- Deliver staff briefings in schools and colleges
- Set up college agreements for term time delivery.
- Deploy national strategy locally to ensure NCS growth within your schools.
- Working closely with Field Sales colleagues to ensure every school’s potential for NCS participation is maximised.
- Attend school recruitment events in order to maintain internal and external relationships and stay close to the needs and habits of young people and parents
We are looking for outstanding individuals with the following qualities:
Skills and Experience
- Experience in relationship building and account management
- Gravitas with stakeholders and experience in networking
- Strong and persuasive presentation skills
- Exemplary listening skills and ability to understand customer needs
- Exemplary telephone and face-face verbal communication skills in group or individual settings
- Experience of or willingness to work in a target driven environment
- Experience working as part of a team
- Evidence of high levels of organisation with the ability to manage a busy workload
- NCS experience
- Understanding of post 16 education and experience working with post 16 education establishments
- Understanding of secondary schools and/or the education sector
- Understanding of local authorities
- Experience of working with Excel
- Experience working with CRM systems
- Driving licence – full (outside London).
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our programmes.
We expect all staff and post holders to share this commitment to safeguarding by ensuring compliance with our policies and practices.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
In addition to being part of a fun, dynamic and challenging workforce, we are proud to offer an attractive benefits package including contributory pension, Simplyhealth cash plan, Ride 2 Work, childcare vouchers, season ticket travel card loan etc. to eligible employees.
- Status: This is a full-time, permanent role
- Salary: £22,000 per annum
- To apply: Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter by email via the button below
- Please add NCS Assistant Account Manager and your preferred location in the subject line of the email