Viewer Insight Intern
Job Title: Viewer Insight Intern
Department: Research, Channel 5
Contract: Fixed-term, 12 months
Start Date: 11th June 2018
Salary: £19,890 per annum
Purpose of the Role
Do you have a love of numbers? Do you dream in spreadsheets? Do you want to find a way of combining these skills within the exciting world of Broadcast? If so this role could be for you!
The role of the Viewer Insight team is to deliver actionable insights to all key functions at Channel 5 – ranging from the Programme Commissioners to the Schedulers and the Press and Marketing teams. Sitting within the heart of the Programming team, we ensure that everyone clearly understands the Channel 5 audience in order to create the right content to draw viewers in to the Channel day in day out.
- Contextualise, analyse and translate BARB data into viewer insights
- Support the department in the implementation and communication of Viewer Insight
- Coordinate overnight reports for the whole company and daily analysis of viewing data
- Track the performance of all of Channel 5’s key programmes, including Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother and soaps Neighbours and Home and Away
- Track the performance of key competitor shows such as Strictly Come Dancing, I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Here and X Factor
- Produce weekly competitor highlights for the UK digital channels
- Manage the end of series diary and compile end of series reports
- Assist with cross-department ad hoc requests
- Produce regular monthly updates for senior management and the Marketing department
Experience and Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and in particular Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of numeracy
- A disciplined approach to work, ensuring that projects and requests are seen through to a proper conclusion
- An enthusiastic approach to work and an inquisitive mind
- A genuine interest in people and television
About the Company
Now part of Viacom’s global portfolio, the Channel reaches 4 in 5 of the UK viewing public each month with a broad mix of popular content, including quality factual programmes, entertainment, reality, sport, 5 News, acquired and original drama and pre-school children’s programming through its award winning Milkshake! strand.
Sister channels 5Star and 5USA complement Channel 5 with a mix of must-see entertainment and US drama, while My5 is a free Video on Demand service with the latest programmes from Channel 5, 5USA, 5Star and Milkshake!.
Channel 5 turns 21 on 30th March, so you’ll be joining the team at a key milestone for the Channel. As the Channel comes of age, what better time to become part of Generation 5!
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. For this reason, we are not filtering candidates via a CV this year, so please do not upload one with your application. Instead, we require you to complete a task relevant to the role so that we can assess your talent, creativity and passion.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This form summarises the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
***Please share any promos/videos that you have cut; blogs that you write, or anything else that you think shows your creative side***
This advert has been extended and will now close at midnight on Sunday 11th March 2018. Please note that we may close adverts early due to high demand. You will find out whether you have been successful by Friday 30th March.