Shopper & Retail Analytics Intern
INTERN – SHOPPER INSIGHTS & RETAIL ANALYTICS (INTERNATIONAL CONSUMER PRODUCTS)
Join our team and become an expert in Nickelodeon Consumer Products!
Reporting into the Shopper Insights Director and working with Nickelodeon Consumer Products, the primary role is to oversee the integrity of point-of-sale (POS) data transmission from retailers. The successful candidate will then create reports based on the data and communicate overall results to various internal teams. If you love data and are keen to get behind our brands (..and toys!) then this is the role for you!
Key Responsibilities include;
- Data management in our store check and product data bases.
- Working with category teams (Int’l markets) to capture new product codes i.e.EAN’s
- Self-sourcing new barcodes - through retailer catalogues, from the products directly, etc.
- Manage the weekly data mapping process from multiple sources of data:Retailer data, In-Store execution, Category Line Lists, Royalty Files, Retailerswebsite, our internal inventory system, etc.
- Maintaining a high level of data accuracy through data cleansing.
- Become the expert on the Nick Consumer Producer hierarchy and where to map EAN barcodes.
- Uploading retailer sales files onto the Nickelodeon server.
- Helping shape and provide a data service across Int’l markets: first contact for data requests.
- Various reporting of NCP activity in Key Accounts across Int’l markets.
- Providing consolidation of country specific retail information.
- Generally supporting the Int’l Sales Teams in their function.
- Conducting store visits to gain insight into Nickelodeon products.
- Conducting ad hoc research in key categories
- Update other business areas on upcoming issues and events.
- Assist with Admin tasks: raise POs (purchase orders), create expense reports,upload files into the SharePoint, etc.
To be successful in this role you will have knowledge and/or experience of analysing data and be interested in how this fits into the Consumer Products arena. You'll need to have excellent attention to detail and strong skills in MS Office applications, in particular being confident with Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, but also having knowledge of Word.
The advert will close on Sunday 11th March 2018 at midnight. Please note that we may close adverts early due to high demand. You will find out whether you have been successful by Friday 30th March
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. For this reason, we are not filtering candidates via a CV this year, so please do not upload one with your application. Instead, we require you to complete a task relevant to the role so that we can assess your talent, creativity and passion.
Closing Date: 11 March 2018