Nursery Nurse - Level 3
Safari Kid are an international network of nurseries that were founded in California in 2005 and now have locations in India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Dubai and the UK. We fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner approaches and marry this with beautiful learning environments and 21st century technologies and a strong focus on customized learning to help develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills in children below 7.
Working at Safari Kid means joining a people centric, ambitious company with extremely high standards, who are committed to making a difference to our families every day. We are about to embark on a journey of growth and are looking for passionate dedicated people to join as we open more schools and grow quickly.
- Level 3 and above Early Years Practitioner Qualification
- Experience with babies and toddlers (age 0-2)
- Right to work in the UK - we do not provide visa sponsorship
Start Date: ASAP
Location : Central London (Clerkenwell EC1V 8AP)
Salary (Full Time, Permanent Contract) :
- Starting at £18,000
- Opportunity for excellent long-term career development in a fast growing international company
Successful applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- 2+ years of full-time teaching experience in nurseries rated “Outstanding” or “Good”
- Ability to demonstrate high quality teaching
- Montessori or Reggio Emilia experience
- Paediatric First Aid with at least 6 months renewal time
- Child Protection 1 & 2
The Early Years Practitioner’s primary role is to provide the children in their care with a safe and secure learning environment.
- To share responsibilities for planning, assessing, organising and delivering activities and creating customised learning experiences for a group of children aged between three (3) months and two (2) years old
- To work within an anti-discriminatory and inclusive environment and support the team to facilitate the all-round development for all children, enabling them to reach their full potential
- To be committed to the learning outcomes for the children and, therefore to the types of teaching which will encourage these outcomes
- To work together constantly to translate learning outcomes into daily classroom practise
- To work to support the development of the children within the EYFS and Safari Kid Early Years Programme (EYP) curriculum.
The Safari Kid competencies:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team work