Assistant Litigation Executive - PI
PI Assistant Litigation Executive
£20,000- £25,000 p/a + amazing benefits
Here at Co-op Legal Services our aim is to offer accessible legal advice and support without the jargon. Our customers rate us too, and we strive to consistently provide excellent customer service at a time when people are often at their most vulnerable. Now we're looking for an assistant litigation executive to join our Bristol based Personal Injury team. If you can bring the skills and experience we need, you'll have a fantastic opportunity to develop your legal career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As an assistant litigation executive at Co-op legal, you'll join a team focused on managing fast track road traffic accident, employer's liability and public liability personal injury cases outside of the MOJ process subject to appropriate supervision. We'll look to you to progress cases effectively in order to establish liability and causation, and then obtain appropriate compensation for the client. Working in an environment that's a million miles away from private practice, you'll work collaboratively within the team managing a range of cases with approximately 25% litigated.
What you'll do:
- conduct litigation in RTA, EL and PL personal injury cases to successfully achieve appropriate compensation for clients
- contribute to the department's revenue targets
- handle an RTA, El and PL caseload of pre-litigation and litigated cases of mixed liability and quantum disputes and post litigation matters
- litigate in the region of 25% of your caseload successfully, undertaking simple court hearings
- draft court documents with support from team leaders
To be successful, you'll have a real passion for managing personal injury cases and developing your legal career in an alternative legal business environment. You'll need to be used to managing a high volume case load, and you'll also need some litigation experience too. And if you have what it takes to build rapport and solid relationships with all kinds of people at all levels, you'll thrive in our fast-paced and collaborative team.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you have PI litigation experience, preferably in RTA, EL and PL claims
- you can bring excellent technical skills and knowledge of the relevant Protocols and the Civil Procedure Rules
- you're confident working in a target led environment
- you have clear and confident communication skills, both over the phone and face to face
- you're comfortable working in a team environment
- you have a strong academic record to degree level, this would be desirable
174 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 24 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension. And with flexible working options, a choice of local dining and coffee shops and use of nearby state-of-the-art gym facilities, you'll experience a legal career like no other.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80405271