Operations and Client Support, Associate
About the team
The Tax Technology and Innovation team is varied and an exciting place to be. We support colleagues and clients to leverage technology more effectively, come up with new and innovative ways of working, develop new digital products, and work with leading data analytics and business information visualisation tools to manipulate, critically analyse and graphically present data to clients.
About the role
In this role you’ll:
- Supporting client teams to spot opportunities to leverage technology to deliver services to clients more effectively
- Demonstrating new technologies to internal client teams and clients as necessary
- Interacting with the technology to onboard clients, setting up accounts and responding to client needs
- Project management of any on-boarding campaigns in relation to certain technologies
- Presenting at external conferences and PwC events around the UK- this will entail occasional travel
Essential skills and experience
- Passionate about innovation and committed to keeping PwC at the top of its game in the digital age
- Able to grasp new concepts and technologies quickly
- A genuine commitment to growing client relationships and delivering commercial outcomes
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, and confidence with senior stakeholders
- The ability to form networks and build relationships with partners and staff at all levels
- General commercial awareness and a sound understanding of the PwC business
- Excellent project management skills
- Proactive and fun to work with
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.