Product Development Engineer
Newstaff Employment Services Ltd are recruting for a Product Development Engineer
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO COME INTO THE LUTON OFFICE IN UK TO REGISTER WITH NEWSTAFF
Full time, permanent position
To help with product / production process development projects. Use expertise and skills to contribute to engineering and product support as part of the engineering team.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL TO THIS ROLE
Key Roles and Resposibilities:
- This role relies heavily on toolmaker skills and experience in making and modifying parts in metal – using CNC and manual lathes, machining centres and EDM machines - and will also depend on a sound understanding of press tools and associated equipment.
- Working hands on with product development teams on proof of concept and prototyping for products and tooling and testing
- Managing and maintaining the testing of new products
- Resolution of engineering problems
- Providing capacity planning for maintaining tools and production machines
- Constantly available to assist with Production improvements through maintenance, repair, working practices, information and effective equipment utilisation
This is a hands-on role based on the shop floor
Some travel may be required
Training and Education:
City & Guilds in Engineering ( Electrical Certification desirable )
Time served as a Technical Design Engineer, with toolroom experience of 5 years
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work hands on in the role, take resposibility and show initiative. Have a minimum of 5 years Engineering experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment. A good understanding of product testing standards and the requirements of audit testing programs.
If you are interested in this role, please e-mail
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80420514