Junior Financial Adviser
Skipton Building Society are a mutual, with a track record of putting our customers’ needs first that goes back more than 160 years. We recognise just how important it is to help our customers make long-term financial plans, and we’re proud to offer Financial Advice.
We have an unparalleled industry reputation as both an employer and a trusted advisory company and understand just how important it is to provide the best working environment for our advisers – so you are challenged, motivated and enthused to offer a first class service.
We provide industry leading training and offer a reward structure that recognises your values and contribution including a bonus scheme related to quality of advice and documentation as well as commercial performance.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
- Car Allowance – if applicable to role
- More senior roles also offer access to group income protection and private medical care
As a Financial Adviser, you’ll develop relationships with our customers, ensuring they receive the highest levels of service and provide them with solutions in the fields of investments, inheritance tax and retirement planning
To succeed, you’ll need experience of not just building a customer base, but also of managing valued existing customer relationships. Your extensive experience of the financial services industry and detailed regulatory knowledge, will ensure you’re able to offer an expert, personalised service for our customers’ life ahead.
You will receive quality referrals thanks to the close relationship with branch colleagues and the head office in Skipton. You’ll need to demonstrate a commercial focus that leads to outcomes that are right for our customers whilst applying clear risk management and quality controls.Ideal candidate
- A natural communicator with a passion for delivering excellent customer service
- The ability to maintain strict quality and compliance standards
- Flexible and adaptable to change and new technology
- You must be level 4 Diploma qualified and hold a current Statement of Professional Standing Certificate. You must also have previously held Competent Adviser Status within the last 36 months and been working in an advising capacity, achieving business objectives. Inheritance Tax experience is not essential as training and development will be provided.
If you are looking for an exciting career with a company that offers professional development and truly values it’s colleagues, a Career with Skipton could be for you.
Please note that due to the regulatory nature of this role, all successful applicants will need to undertake and successfully meet our criteria for pre-employment screening checks.About the company
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80408927