Trainee Commercial Catering Engineer
Are you looking to learn a new trade and want a successful and long-term career? Do you have what it takes to become a highly skilled and qualified Commercial Catering Engineer? Then look no further..McFT is a leading industry provider of commercial kitchen service and maintenance in the UK and abroad. We pride ourselves on the strong relationships we have with our customer base of blue chip, prestigious establishments and organisations from a range of industries.
We are growing rapidly and to support this growth, we have a great opportunity for a number of Trainee Commercial Catering Engineers to join us in June 2018. This is a great opportunity for you to become a key part of our engineering team in a trade which rewards well.
You will be enrolled onto our structured development programme which will see you progress from a Trainee to an electrically certified Engineer within an 18-month period. You will be assigned a dedicated experienced coach who will provide you with the people, technical and commercial skills to successfully develop a long career with McFT.
What a Typical Day Looks Like:
- There isn’t one! Every day is different, different locations and different customers - from schools and colleges to commercial kitchens at well-known sporting venues.Have a look at our website to see the types of customers we work with.
- You will be driving your McFT van (driving licence required), shadowing your designated coach, spending hands on learning time at our off-site training facility in Berkshire.
- You will be building your portfolio to evidence your competence in each area of the training programme giving a structured approach to your learning.
- You will be carrying out preventive maintenance, call out and repairs on a wide variety of commercial catering equipment.
- You will have your own allocated sites upon completion of the trainee programme where you will build relationships with your customers and really get to know the ins and outs of each kitchen you come across.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive starting hourly rate with the opportunity to increase every 3 months
- Award winning training and development programme
- Company vehicle and phone
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Income protection
- Health cash plans
- Share Options
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent opportunities for progression
- Give us a call on 01628 501481 if you would like to talk about becoming a trainee with us or apply and send us your CV! We will be screening all applicants’ from 26th March, so you may receive a phone call from our HR team to talk through your career history and aspirations.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to our trainee assessment day which will be held on Thursday 19th April.The day consist of a number of activities to test your enthusiasm, team working and current technical ability.If you are not available on this date, we will be unable to consider your application for our Summer intake.
- Successful candidates will join the McFT Team on 4th June to start their 18 month training programme and career with us!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80426737