£23,000 - £30,000 p/a + amazing benefits
Manchester city centre
Permanent and 2 year fixed term positions available
The Co-op is changing. And it's changing fast. Right across our business, our renewed focus has seen us become the UK's top convenience retailer, and we're championing a better way of doing business for our customers, members and the communities we serve. Now we're looking to recruit a talented pensions officer to join us, and help us to continue to deliver a first class service to members of one the UK's largest pension schemes.
As a member services pensions officer at the Co-op, we'll look to you to provide a great service to members, former members and relatives of deceased members of Co-op pension schemes. You'll mainly deal with retirement and transfer calculations for our members, using your specialist knowledge to handle a wide range of different queries. But this role goes way beyond standard pensions administration. As a business, we never stop changing, and you'll have the opportunity to get involved in all sorts of projects that'll give you the kind of exposure you need to really develop your skills. It's a big challenge, but for someone who's excited by the prospect of helping us to drive change in a business that takes its ethical responsibilities seriously, this could be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
What you'll do:
- professionally and sensitively manage a range of queries coming from pensions members or their family members/representatives
- check calculations and automations are accurate before inputting and processing into the system
- collaborate with teams across pensions, payroll and HRSS to make sure that information is correct and up to date
- get involved with project work including process improvements, legislative changes and any testing of system changes
To be successful, we'll need you to bring some solid experience of pensions administration. Needless to say your technical skills will be up to scratch, and you'll need an up to date understanding of relevant UK pension legislation. But just as important as your knowledge will be your people skills. We'll look to you to offer a service to our members that goes above and beyond. And if you have what it takes to build relationships and adapt your approach to suit a wide range of audiences and situations, you'll thrive in our fast paced and collaborative environment.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you have pensions experience (ideally in defined benefits, but not essentially)
- you can bring great attention to detail and accuracy
- you have excellent communication skills, and the ability to adapt your approach to different audiences and situations
- you're able to manage own workload, whilst getting involved and helping others too
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80415967