Senior Marketing Communications Officer
An opportunity has arisen for a marketing & communications officer. If you have experience in marketing, excellent planning skills and are well organized this role could be for you.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
What it's like to work here
Flanked by the wild North Atlantic Ocean and a landscape of dramatic cliffs, for centuries the Giant’s Causeway has inspired artists, stirred scientific debate and captured the imagination of all who see it.
In 2016 Carrick-a-Rede welcomed the highest number of visitors ever to this exhilarating rope bridge experience. As we approach our traditional busy season, we have introduced some new measures to help ensure your experience to Carrick-a-Rede is the best it can be.
What you'll be doing
You will lead the development and delivery of the Marketing and Communications plan for your property/portfolio to achieve its business objectives and connect people with the work of the Trust as a conservation charity. You will work with the property team and wider consultancy to promote the property's programming and wider offer. You will be the key driver for communications with visitors, the wider community, as well as internal communications.
Who we're looking for
To deliver this role successfully, you’ll need to be/have;
- Practical experience in a marketing role or in some aspects of marketing communications
- Experience of developing marketing and communications plans
- Knowledge of relevant legislation: marketing codes, data protection, copyright and model release
- Proven track record in creating, using and editing content in different channels (web, social media, PR, email)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to spot potential risks to reputation and escalate them accordingly
- Have excellent interpersonal and networking skills, with the ability to influence, advise and negotiate at all levels within the organisation and with external agencies
- Well organised and able to manage multiple priorities and varying pressures to meet measurable targets and deadlines.
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking