Python Developer Central London CONTRACT or PERM
Our client is looking for a Python Developer to help further develop and expand its innovative business mileage reporting system and its functionality.
This Python Developer vacancy is open to Junior, Mid Level or Senior Python Developers and can be Permanent or Contract
Salary or Daily rate will be commensurate with experience level and is negotiable
This Python Developer role involves a mix of developing modules and APIs in python and working with customers to understand their requirements and solve issues that they may be facing.
You'll be a self-motivated team player, comfortable with the flat and self-organising nature of small team.
As a Python Developer you'll be working in a small team which currently consists of a hands on CTO, working alongside a very experienced senior developer and a front end developer.
You'll come with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and solve problems efficiently?
Above all, you'll be keen to explore new technologies, learn on the job and experiment.
What you'll be doing as a Python Developer
- Developing REST APIs to allow internal and external applications to interface with a core geospatial database
- Designing database schema, manage schema changes and migrations
- Implementing algorithms for geospatial analysis
- Build backend services for real time message processing, batch data processing, geospatial services for geocoding, map matching, routing etc.
- Investigate bugs / issues, track the issues through development, testing and deployment stages and perform UAT before features / fixes are released into production
- Assisting with customer enquires / complaints, log tickets and track through to completion
- Configuring customers' systems and devices - provide support when needed
Technical Skills, Experience and Attributes needed for the ideal Python Developer
- Strong Python experience
- Familiarity with developing RESTful services
- Knowledge of SQL and database design
- Comfortable in a Linux environment - bash scripting
- Excellent problem solving skills
- You'll be able to figure out solutions by yourself, but know when to ask for help.
- You need to be comfortable working in a small team be personable and a good communicator
- Geospatial and statistical analysis and implementation would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Python micro web frameworks. e.g. Flask, Bottle would be useful
- AWS/Google cloud experience would be helpful
Whats in it for you?
Along with a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact on the companys growth and evolution, this company is offering the following:
Contract Daily Rate = c£400 - £500 +
Perm = c£35,000 to £60,000
- 25 days annual holiday allowance
- Regular salary reviews
- Flexible hours
- Excellent short-term career advancement
- Opportunity to join an early stage business poised for expansion
- Real on the job learning working directly alongside the CTO and Senior Developer
- Relaxed and informal office atmosphere
Python Developer Central London to £60K
Python, REST, APIs, SQL, bash, PostgreSQL, RESTful, Python micro web, Flask, Bottle, Python
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80414355