Nursery Room Manager - Early Years
The Early Years Nursery based at Milton Keynes College have an opportunity for an enthusiastic room manager who is looking to take the next step in their professional career within Early Years Childcare.
We are looking to recruit a Room Manager (Senior Nursery Nurse) who will manage the 2-3's room.
Although your main responsibility will be the management of the Under twos Room, we do require the successful Room Manager to have the flexibility to work across other rooms.
As the Room Manager you will be able lead a team of Nursery Nurses and Assistant Nursery Nurses and nurture a stimulating and attractive environment that encourages the child’s all round development. You will have exceptionally high standards of care and will have the ability to integrate this fully into your daily work.
Milton Keynes College opened its Training Nursery in July 2007. Since then the nursery has developed as a centre of best practice that meets the requirements of the curriculum for the under 5’s and the training needs of our Early Years Students. As an enthusiastic and experienced practitioner within an Early Years setting, you will help to create a stimulating and attractive environment that encourages the children’s all round development and where the highest standards of care are provided. Your excitement and keenness to work within a vibrant childcare setting will contribute to providing a fun atmosphere where children are learning through play.
About the rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Local government pension with generous employer contributions
- Busy Bee’s childcare vouchers can save working parents up to £933 per year in a variety of registered childcare, such as Nurseries, Nannies, after school activities, Summer Camps and Breakfast Clubs up the age of 15.
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Salary: £16913 pro rata
Closing date: 19th March 2018
As a successful candidate, you will have…
- Level 3 or above In childcare
- Good basic general education including GCSE (or) equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above
- Experience working within an Early Years Nursery setting post qualifying
- Experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training
- Knowledge of EYFS
- Ability to manage a small team
- Excellent time management skills
- Support and supervise room staff with their day to day duties
- Accuracy and precision in written presentation
- Knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.